We are seeking a Learning and Development Intern to join our preschool team in San Jose, California. As a Learning and Development Intern, you will have the opportunity to assist in the implementation of educational programs and activities, while gaining hands-on experience in early childhood education. You will work closely with our experienced teachers to create and deliver engaging and developmentally appropriate learning experiences for young children.
- Assist teachers in planning and implementing educational activities that promote children’s learning and development.
- Help prepare materials and resources for classroom activities.
- Observe and interact with children to promote their social, emotional, and cognitive development.
- Assist with classroom management, including setting up and maintaining a safe and stimulating learning environment.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, training sessions, and other professional development opportunities.
- Assist with administrative tasks related to program planning and documentation.
- Provide support to teachers in the assessment and evaluation of children’s progress.
- Maintain confidentiality of children and families’ information.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university program in early childhood education, child development, psychology, or a related field.
- Passion for working with young children and their families.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Availability to work a minimum of 10 hours per week, with a flexible schedule.
- Successful completion of a background check.