Preschool teacher is responsible for creating an environment that promotes the social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth of the participants in their assigned classes. She/he should serve as a team member in developing creative lesson plans and implementing them in their classrooms.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
- High School diploma required with college experience in early childhood or related fields.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, environmental education, natural sciences, interpretation, or related field preferred.
- CPR Certified, or the willingness to obtain certification within the first six months of job
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of age-appropriate activities and child development philosophies and practices.
- Knowledge of safety requirements pertaining to young children.
- Knowledge of innovative lesson planning for children between ages of 2-6 years.
- Knowledge and experience with local flora, fauna, and natural history for teaching in nature preschool.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrive to work, meetings, and trainings promptly.
- Display professionalism in punctuality, mannerisms, and attire.
- Develop, present, and evaluate appropriate lesson plans.
- Supervise all classroom and daily routine activities.
- Assist co-teacher in all daily preparation work and clean up of rooms.
- Complete site lesson plan prep work on a rotating basis.
- Attend and contribute to monthly lesson plan meetings.
- Submit supply requests and work orders to the Site Supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with parents and other staff members.
- Establish a nurturing relationship with the children in addition to serving as a positive role model.
- Treat children in a positive manner that encourages individuality and positive self-esteem.
- Responsible for completing designated preschool housekeeping duties.
- Responsible for maintaining bulletin boards according to the bulletin board schedule.
- Complete other duties as mutually agreed upon by preschool teacher and the Site Supervisor/Lead Teacher – Early Childhood with a reasonable amount of notice.
- Inform site supervisor of any problems, conflicts or program concerns.
- Responsible for keeping class attendance, emergency, medical and registration forms on file for each child.
- Thoroughly complete accident reports
Enforces safety rules and improves employee and public knowledge of the same by confronting and correcting
- unsafe behavior and conditions.
- Treat public complaints and concerns with the utmost attention. Is courteous in all cases.
- Maintain CPR/First Aid certification on a bi-yearly basis.
- Work as a team player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments
To communicate with children, parents, co-teacher, staff, and supervisor. To supervise children and communicate with parents.
To supervise children and move throughout the classroom and outdoors. To walk a flight of stairs.
To retrieve needed supplies and work with children.
To pick up children when needed and retrieve supplies.
To open doors, drawers, and cabinets.
To close doors, drawers and cabinets.
To work with and communicate with children at their level and to keep classroom tidy. To obtain information from written materials and observe the safety of the classroom.
COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS FOR NATURE PRESCHOOL PROGRAM:
Must be able to walk over uneven terrain.
May be exposed to all types of weather conditions
May be exposed to poison ivy and biting insects or stinging insects
Must exhibit enthusiasm, creative thinking and be able to foster a sense of wonder and responsibility for the earth (nature preschool) and children
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of teaching experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Early Education Units?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.